The easiest way to go from point A to point B with twins is undoubtedly a double stroller! But choosing the right one for your twins can be daunting as there are lots of available options in the market.
Not only that, but you also have to think you different other aspects such as the age of your kids, where do you want to take the double stroller and also how often you are going to use it. That is why before buying one; you must go through this article. So that you can buy the best double stroller in order to provide your twins an enjoyable as well as a safe ride. So here are the things that you must look for while choosing a double stroller.
Important Things about Buying a Double Stroller for Twins
Here are some important things about double stroller for twins. So before buying a double stroller, you should read this part very carefully.
Side by side stroller for maneuverability and lighter weight
These strollers are very light weighted and because of the side by side strolling system they are very easy to push and turn when you are going out with it regularly. Also, these strollers are very easy to fold and store and this is another reason why these are strollers are very popular and common!
- The seats are next to each other which make the twins to enjoy the same type of seats. This helps them to get same coverage from view, foot space, sun and other features that are included in it.
- These are wide and thus if you are going to travel through narrow roads it is going to be difficult to navigate.
- Seats on the side by side stroller always face away from the person who is navigating it and so you should not expect any face time from the twins.
Tandem Double Strollers for Tight Spaces
These strollers have one seat in front of the other which makes it longer in size but the width remains the same.
- Functionality between the two seats of a tandem double stroller has different functionalities as the seats differ in criteria’s such as restricted view, sun coverage, and less legroom.
- The strollers are heavier which makes them a little hard to navigate and fold into storage.
- The seats of these strollers are likely to be double up just like attachable car seats. This is very useful as after finishing a long walk the kids can be moved without waking them up.
All-Terrain Double Stroller for Jogging
While strolling you twins, if you want to stay active this all-terrain double stroller is the best choice for anyone. They are little heavier and very much resistant to sand pathways, dirt, and cobblestone.
- Almost all double strollers come in a three-wheel configuration, that is, one wheel in the front and two in the back. This gives the stroller more stability when it runs on a rough terrain.
- Some of these strollers are included with detachable seats, but when you are jogging it’s not the thing that you want.
Umbrella Double Stroller for Quick and Light Trips
Without any doubt, these strollers are the lightest of all. Though they offer fewer features, they are easy to fold and roam around.
- These strollers are not a good option for rough terrains, so you give that a thought according to your need.
- A number of these strollers do not include flat inclines on the back side which makes it very unsafe for babies (up to six months) as they can have a problem with breathing while sitting up.
Most Important Features that You Should Have:
- Finding a stroller that shields your twins from rain, wind, sun and other elements.
- Strollers should have additional compartments so that you can carry important items that are needed when you are out like water, diapers, and food.
- You should look for a stroller that reclines as infant babies can’t sit up for a long time.
- You should look for strollers that are adjustable, that is, it can adjust the space according to the growth of the child.
- Strollers are also available with high tech features like GPS tracking with mobile.
So these are all the important things that you should look for before buying a stroller for your twins.